
In my flurry of posts earlier this week I may have come across sounding:
cranky
frazzled
over-opinionated
un-gracious
overbearing
I hereby want to apologize to anyone who reads those last few posts. It seems to be a coping mechanism for me when I get in over my head. And I want to also say that, while I enjoy sharing what is going on in my day-to-day, this blog sometimes ends up as an exercise in catharsis. Sometimes the things I write about are simply that: a purging. Writing is something I have always turned to to help me work things out in my own mind. Does it always work? No. Do I always present my best side? No. Do I derive some peace from writing about not only the good, cute, picture-worthy moments in my life, but the hairy, heartbreaking, difficult things? Yes. An emphatic - yes.
So, if you've been reading and wondering if I am nothing but a cranky, overbearing, ungracious, frazzled, over-opinionated wreck of a woman, I apologize. I also thank you for reading. I thank you for commenting, or not commenting on my small break-downs, or break-throughs.
I seem to have gotten some things settled. It is amazing what a nearly eight-hour work day can do for the soul. I cleaned. I hooked up computers. I helped staff members with a couple of things that scared the poo out of me to even attempt. How satisfying to have them work. How wonderful to hear praise from my co-workers when they did. How amazing it feels inside to clear away and finish some of the projects I put off. How incredible to be able to talk to my boss about issues that I needed settled at work. How great that she took the time to talk through with me, some personal issues I was having great difficulty with.
Cute, picture-worthy pictures and post to follow soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment