. . . or the reason you should never mock your spouse when one of their favorite eating establishments closes its doors.
This is a Pepe's Salad. It is yummy and wonderful. You can no longer buy them because the pizza place where they were served is - cue creepy organ music - is closed forever. Now, I'm not sure, but I'm assuming that many pizza places have something similar on their menus, but try telling C. that. But, because I love my husband dearly, I decided to recreate this for him. That, and I want him to go easy on me when I decide to make pasta for dinner. "I'm T., and I'm a Carboholic." C. - not so much. Marriage, it is all about compromise. That and space.
Start with some lettuce. Yes, I realize this is spinach. We eat spinach at our house.
Finely shredded provolone cheese. Boy, this stinks. Why does cheese that tastes sooo good have to smell so bad? I'm assuming it has to do with bacteria, but I don't really want to think about that.
Tiny shrimp. I think these are called bay shrimp, but as one who has only recently begun to enjoy seafood, I really don't know for sure. . .
Ah yes, a quick search reveals that these are, indeed, called bay shrimp.
Basically just assemble as shown in the picture and serve. C. insists that you must eat this with Creamy French dressing. But I'm sure it would taste equally delicious with your favorite dressing.
No comments:
Post a Comment