Actually, I have a fever. My normal temp runs really low. When the thermometer reads 98.6 that means I have a slight fever. Not a slight temperature - everyone has a temperature. A fever. And so, when I was feeling crappy at work - I decided to bug the school nurse, cause she's nice and she's hilarious, and she's from Canada - but she was born in the UK. And she brings me little treats back from Canada - candies and chips, folks - not free meds. Sheesh! And she is an amazing cook. Did I mention that she's hilarious? And, well, I just adore her(sigh.) But I do love to bug her. So far she's checked me for lice, looked for white spots on my tonsils, and bandaged my thumb. I just love free medical care. So I go in and ask her to take my temp. And she has this really cool little gizmo that she runs along your forehead, down your cheekbone and finally rests behind your ear. It reads 98.6. And then I tell her that I run cold. So she gets the big guns out. A digital stick with a plastic cover. She says it is the "real" thermometer. And when she says this, I don't know what happens but my hands automatically fly to cover my bottom. Guess I have rectal thermometer issues. Not thinking that this is a school and she probably isn't allowed to even take an underarm temperature. But anyway, she tells me to shove it way back in my mouth. Whew! So I do it and it reads 99.9. Whoa - that means I should probably be dead, right? Well, no. But it is 1/10 of a percentage point under the legal limit for me to be at school. But she leaves it up to me - and since it was 1:00 pm, I opted to stay and muddle through. But now I'm feeling pretty crappy indeed. But that's probably because I have a fever AND I made S. breakfast for dinner. Frying bacon can actually bring on illness, that's true. Well, not really, but it sounded good. Right?
No comments:
Post a Comment