Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fleas, Please

So, we're gearing up to head over to Baker City. We try to go at least one time each year during the summer so we can catch the, wait for it, wait for it ... the Sumpter Flea Market. I can't remember how this became a tradition, but it has and we're going. The funny thing is that C. loves this. He doesn't really like second-hand things. Doesn't particularly like thrifting, like I do, yet he is the driving force behind our trek to Sumpter. And I'm not unwilling. The entire little town throws this huge flea market three times a year. Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day. It is incredible. There is so much stuff. And it doesn't have a normal flea market thing going on, rather it it like an entire town decided to have a garage sale. And, of course, there's the food. Which is what I suspect C. loves the most. Shortcake, outdoor meat, honey roasted almonds, rattlesnake jerky (what, how'd that get in there?) It is a good time. And there's an added bonus of what my brother-in-law, J. calls the "full breakfast." Where grandma will provide any, and all, breakfast items your heart desires. A good time. Come on, C., let's get going!

No comments: