Saturday, February 27, 2010

Proud Parents?

So, we got a guinea pig last weekend. I think I mentioned that. The guy at the pet store thought that she seemed a little "plump" and that we should not be surprised if she had babies. I was not really hot on that idea, but my dear husband and dear daughter thought this sounded great.

So this afternoon, I went in the spare room, where our guinea lives in her cage. And there, on either side of Jenna, was a tiny little ball - each striped black and white - little Oreo cookie babies! And, as much as I hate to admit this, they are super cute. I'm not sure what we'll name these two little babies, but they are adorable. They're snuggled under their mama right now, having a nurse. The thing about guinea babies is that they are born with all their hair and their eyes are open, so they don't have any of that, "ewww, gross, naked rats" kind of thing going on. They look like mini versions of their mama.

I'll try for some pictures tomorrow. But I decided not to stress them out any further today.

1 comment:

Curtis said...

what a good description of the new little guys.Little oreo cookie guys. congratulations to Sophie. She is now a pseudo Mom. I'll bet she is excited!!!!Love Grandma Christi