Tuesday, February 2, 2010

ARRRRGH!

Yep, that's right. I've gone pirate. Well, no, not really. It just seems that ARGGGH is the most common phrase to exit my mouth these past few weeks. Why? Because I think I'm losing my mind. I call it, "the world crashing in on me." Or "the world caving in on me."

I was gone from school all one week due to a math training. I haven't really caught up with things. Here's a sampling:

1. They discovered radon at my school.
2. Everyone panicked and there were 3,000 meetings about the radon.
3. I wasn't in the building and every single meeting required AV equipment, which I am in charge of helping to provide/set up.
4. I couldn't access email during training, so I had no idea what people needed - until the day after they needed it.
5. I still have no idea what this radon thingy is all about, since I was out of the building and didn't make it to a single meeting.
6. I couldn't access email during training, so I had no idea about the meetings, and I didn't even find out about the meetings - until the day after.
7. Did I mention it was a math training? No? Well, it was. Not my favorite thing.
8. I missed my sister, J.'s b-day
9. I missed my nephew's b-day. Let's rephrase that - I missed my nephews' b-days. Plural.
10. I forgot to send my grandma's b-day gift. I did call, does that count?
11. S. has soccer twice a week.
12. They won't let S. play soccer with her newly pierced ears sporting ear studs.
13. Never yell at a parks and rec. volunteer. It's not that it makes you feel foolish - it's just that it does absolutely NO GOOD.
14. My eye is doing this weird twitching thing. I have no idea what it is.
15. We have a sugar ant problem in our kitchen and our bathroom.
16. Made a pan of brownies (from scratch) and the sugar ants invaded them.
17. I fell on a piece of canned pear in the cafeteria today. It hurt.
18. I had to complete an important document (by myself) for a statewide program. And then speak in public about it. I heard my mother's voice coming out of my body. Weird.
19. My sweat glands have apparently gone haywire.
20. My hair is frizzy. When it isn't frizzy, it is limp and mousy.
21. I was itching my head the other day and a first grader offered to accompany to the nurse's office so I could get checked for "mice."
22. S. screams at me every day when I make her do her homework.
23. I wake up in the middle of the night every night and worry about my family - all of them.
24. The tag in my pants it itching my behind.
25. I bought the wrong hamburger for spaghetti, I'm sure C. will have a fit.

So, it has been a wild couple of weeks. Bear with me.

Oh, and there is a huge, Mt. Everest sized mountain of laundry that refuses to shrink. No-matter how often I "switch the loads". And my mother never taught me what to do when that happens.

No comments: