This is something I've been doing with the 9 metric tons of tomatoes I've had come out of the garden this summer. And I know that this is simple and you could probably find this in any cook book - I don't use cookbooks unless I'm baking. But here goes...
************************************************************************
Tomatoes - preferably cherry tomatoes, but I've got several sizes in this picture.
Olive oil - a couple of tablespoons full
Garlic - a clove or two chopped (question: why did God make Garlic so stinkin' hard to get at when it is so terribly delicious?)
Sugar - a teaspoon or so to temper the acid in the tomatoes
Salt - 'cause it is good stuff, just not too much
Balsamic Vinegar - a glug or two, not sure what a glug is, I don't measure so I just pour until it looks right
Basil - again, from the garden, a few leaves roughly chopped and sprinkled over the tomatoes
Mix all above ingredients together.
These pictures are on tinfoil because we're going to throw this in a packet onto the grill. We'll see how it does. Normally I put this in the oven in a little casserole dish at about 400 degrees and let it bubble away until the cherry tomatoes have split open from the heat. It makes a really delicious side dish, especially with an alfredo based pasta - the acid from the tomatoes, the cream from the alfredo, oh my goodness!
I wish I had taken a picture of the other dish we're throwing on the grill. It is yellow squash and bok choy. I made a little sauce of garlic, olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, pepper, and sesame seeds and put it in a foil packet. If it works out well, I'll post pictures the next time we make it.
No comments:
Post a Comment