Saturday, August 22, 2009

Bee's Knees

So, since having a garden, I've been kind of interested in keeping bees. I don't know - perhaps it was watching my dad smoke a swarm from a neighbor's tree when I was about 6. Or maybe it has been all the news about the disappearing American Honey Bee that has my thoughts on the little pollinators. But I was walking through the Farmer's Market and the Cooperative Extension folks were there - and they're offering a Bee Keeping course this fall. Ooooh, I really want to take the class. I was afraid to just start off keeping bees on my own, without any idea of what I was doing - but now I wouldn't have to! 

1 comment:

Curtis said...

Tara, You should do this. It would be so satisfyong to get your own honey and I guess the word is that we need more bees with the bee disease running amok. Go for it!!!!!
Love, Mom