Monday, January 10, 2011

Go with it - live through it

I decided today that it is ok to be sad. I have been trying to not be too sad around my family, mostly because I felt it wasn't fair to drag them down. What I need to realize is that it is not dragging them down to be sad once in awhile. If we do not experience the lows in life, we have no true appreciation for the highs. What I need to remind myself on days like this is - those highs will happen again. The rest of my life will not be like this. There will be other sadnesses, other trials, other truly sucky days. But they end. The sun comes out. I will laugh again without feeling guilty. I do not have to succumb to my fears, or the blues. I can be sad, yes. But I need to realize that I won't always be so.

I'm sure you are all, "sheesh, we figured that out a long time ago." I don't know what to say, I'm a slow learner or something. Thanks for bearing with me in my moment of discovering clarity.


2 comments:

Curtis said...

Here Here! It is allright to be sad, but we need to be glad for the good things in our lives. We all miss grandpa but we had such wonderful times with him. Love, Mom

Curtis said...

Tara, I wish you weren't sad as a Dad always want everthing perfect for our kids. But I know that it is almost 50 years since my Dad died and I still get sad at times. I can tell you that it gets better with time. Love Dad