Friday, June 11, 2010

Got Lucky

I got lucky. Truly lucky. I married the best guy in the world.

Yesterday was brutal. For me. For him.

He came home with flowers for me. And some for our girl.

He didn't have to do that.

I expected him to come home and throw himself on the floor.

But he didn't.

He went out in the backyard where his daughter was building a fort. He complimented his girl on her marvel of engineering.

He notices his dog is not-so-patiently waiting for his attention.

From the kitchen window, I watch him bend down and scruff the dog's ears. He's obviously telling her he missed her, too.

And I watch my husband, my patient, sometimes grumpy, forgiving, thoughtful, much more giving than I give him credit for husband, and I think, no, I know, I married the best man in the world for me.

1 comment:

Walla Walla Soap Works said...

Reading this made me cry! You are all lucky to have each other and we are even luckier to have you all. Much love to you guys! Chins up ;)