Tuesday, July 7, 2009

In response


My little sister posted a picture of her daughter on her blog. Ady is wearing sunglasses and being gor-dus. It made me remember that I have a couple of photos of S. looking gor-dus too!



S. has always loved to dress up. Here she in in a particularly beautiful ensemble. I'm totally digging the striped tights. The fake high heels are great as well! Which reminds me, while talking to my other sis (who runs a daycare) she interrupted me to speak to one of the children. She says, "Bobby*, since when did it become o.k. for us to wear high heels in the living room?" Which made me crack up. Imagining this particular little boy clacking around the living room in his high heels. I told sis that it was lucky she was talking to me and not the kid's father, otherwise he'd hang up the phone, pick up his child and move back to the south (where their family is from) - you know, where men are men, and don't wear high heels under any circumstance. (* name changed to protect this little kid's manhood in later life.)




Here is S. in her Native American costume. Well, if Native Americans wore felt decorated in puffy paint, which I'm pretty sure wasn't available in the early days of our continent. Oh, and if they wore a polka dot belt to hold their outfit in place. Not sure about that. I'll have to do some more research...

Seriously though, being S.'s mom is so much fun (most of the time.) The fun of her dressing up, her silly faces and phrases. She's growing up so fast. She sounds so grown up these days, it is nice to look back at these pictures and remind myself that she wasn't always so grown up. Especially lately when she pops out with words like, "apparently." Apparently we use that word too often around these parts.

1 comment:

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Loooove it! Especially the Indian costume one. That age is the age I picture S. in my mind. Can't get over the fact that she is growing up so fast with those super long legs!