Friday, July 31, 2009

Date!

Oh my goodness. I'm so excited. This is the second Friday night in a row that I get to go on a date with my husband. This is unreal. This never happens. I just saw a pig fly by the window. And I've heard reports (despite record breaking temps here in the NW) that h.e.l.l. has just frozen over. Now, thank you to my sister, S., who took the kiddo last Friday night. They went to a church picnic at the aquatic park. Now this week it is the kiddo's grandma who it taking her to a movie and then having her for the night. We'll keep our fingers crossed. Last time kiddo came home at bedtime. She's having a little anxiety lately. We've been working on this so hopefully she can make it the whole time. Of course her dad promised her we'd drop by and see her before she goes to bed. He's a sucker like that. Anyway, wish us luck on our dating streak!


1 comment:

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Seriously, good luck, You guys are on a roll. Back before you had kiddo did you ever think you would get this excited about getting to see your husband alone for two Fridays in a row? Gotta love how parenthood changes so many things. Have a blast. Can't really remember the last time we went on a date and since he is now gimpy for well into the forseeable future,who knows when it will be, but I am so thrilled for anyone who gets a date with their sweetie. It really is something to blog about !!!!