I just harvested these lovelies from my garden. If you're wondering about the title, it has everything to do with when my little brother, "Bear" was about 2 years old and we were trying to get him to say, green beans. He just kept saying, "bean beans." And it wasn't just him - my little sister, J. used to call them that too. We eventually gave up and let them grow into the words. But it was sure stinkin' cute and the rest of us just started calling them, "bean beans" as well. Anyway, I couldn't tell you which variety of beans these are - or rather, I'm too darned lazy to get up and go find the packet. But they look delish. The picture doesn't show it but there are quite a few beans and that means I need to get in the car and drive some over to my sister, S. 'Cause I know how she likes bean beans. And I'll have to throw a tomato or two in with these. And then, when it cools down a bit, I really need to weed the garden. A week of neglect and little water have caused, er, some issues. And the volunteer sunflowers are taking over the garden.
No comments:
Post a Comment