Unbelieveable!
So today I got to ride in this car. It is a 1928 Ford Phaeton. I rode in the back seat. My hair was flying everywhere. This car was raced in the Great Race three times. That means it started on the East Coast and drove to the West Coast - 3 times. Pretty good for an 83 year old car! Anyway, it is part of a reading program we do with the kids, the top level readers are called Classic Readers and they get to ride to the YMCA in a classic car, (we also had a 1960-something Camero and a 1960-something Mustang)climb on the rock wall, play pool, air hockey, etc... Then they get to go to a fancy restaurant where they have lunch for free! Pretty cool. That I get to go is totally amazing. For me, not the kids. They could care less if I go. Also, I should probably not mention this, but this car had no seat-belts in the back, sorry Mom. I figured it was just as safe as when I was a kid and rattled around the back of a 1968 VW Camper Van. Anyway, just one of the perks of my job. But it did really make me miss my gramps. I wished I could have called him to tell him all about it. But I like to think he knew, anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment