Friday, June 17, 2011

Gallery Wall

Are you tired of hearing about my gallery wall yet? Sorry, it is my major obsession this year. My goal is to fill the wall with beautiful and meaningful pieces. I don't care how inexpensive the "piece" is. In fact, most of the art is postcard, cards from bookstores, and things I've painted myself. It is not that I'm particularly confident about my drawing or painting abilities, but I just like to create things here and there. And it isn't like I'm on a national stage or anything, so I feel I can slap them up there until something better comes along. Also, I'm a major cheapskate when it comes to frames, so I refuse to pay hardly anything for them. (Probably why the wall is taking so long!)And I'm really sorry for the terrible blurriness of the photos, I was having a hard time with the camera.

Orion card I picked up for $2.50 at the bookstore. Frame was $1.99.

Card I forgot I had until I unearthed it in the garage last week. It is a rowboat. Frame was $.98.

Shadow box frame holding a clam shell we picked up at the beach last year. Frame was on sale at Safeway for $3.99.

Picture of poppies I drew while bored last winter. Frame was $2.50.



My owl print C. bought me for Christmas last year. Print was $18.00. Frame was $9.00.


I'd been wanting one of these paintings forever. This is a card, not one of the artist's paintings. It is by Portland artist, Tamara Adams. We bought it from her stall at the Portland Saturday Market. I kind of like that since I've been kicking around that market every once in awhile since I was a little kid. I think it was something like $10.00. Frame from Ikea was $4.00.

This is a splurge painting. We bought it last year at the beach. It was $49.00. It is by Brett Varney. We have another on on the opposite side of the gallery wall. So I guess you could say we're collectors of his - haha! The prints are giclee and a limited edition, so it kind of feels like we're getting something special. He typically paints scenes from the ocean, or the ocean's shores. At any rate, we like them because they're kind of different and they show out favorite thing - the beach!!! The frame was something like $10.00 on sale at Shopko.


Terrible picture of the entire wall as it is (for now). Hope to keep adding little pieces here and there to fill in the gaps.

1 comment:

Curtis said...

I love it all.What an eye you have Tara.
Love, Mom