I work in room with two teachers, 6 student computers, and lots of stuff. We can have three groups going on at the same time. Four if you count the little kids singing their hearts out on the computers. Hey, they have headphones, and they think that no one can hear them. It can get really loud. So overhearing anything specific is pretty rare. But I caught this gem the other day. My co-worker was teaching a group of first graders, I have no idea what the back story was, but in a lull in the general roar I hear a tiny, cute, first grade voice . . .
"I love Chinese people! They make great food."
and then another voice . . .
"Yeah, they do make good food. Except the other night, I had this dream - and my eyes were like THIS." (I'm imagining what the child did with his eyes, and I'll bet it involved pulling their eyelids down to mimic the epicanthic fold.)
At this point I am nearly on the ground I'm laughing so hard. First graders are so funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment