I'm not a huge fan of mysteries. I don't like to read them. I don't normally like to watch them on TV or as movies. But Sunday night PBS unveiled a new Sherlock Holmes, and Dr. Watson. C. and I sat and watched, praying that the folks at Masterpiece Mystery would come to their senses and make more than one episode (like they did with Rupert Everett a few years ago, that was agony). They did. Or have. More episodes to follow. This iteration of everyone's favorite sleuth is set in the present. It is incredible. I hope you will watch.
4 comments:
I saw it and I LOVED it. It would be nice if PBS would come into this century with the audio. To even understand parts of it, I had to turn it way up. I loved Jeremy Brett as Sherlock but this is a good modern second. Mom
I watched it and I too liked it. I was really skeptical because to me Jeremy Brett IS Sherlock and I wasn't sure how they would make Sherlock work in the present day. But I'm really pleased that they did make it work and well! I even saved it on my DVR for the next time Dad is over so he can partake too.
Oh goodness, this warms the cockles of my heart! My family (like myself) are a bunch of PBS junkies.
Showed it to Dad last night. He loved it!
Post a Comment