Sunday, November 1, 2009

Rested?

I'm kind of breathing a sigh of relief. Daylight Savings Time ends - I think. Ending, beginning, who can tell. And who cares. I get an extra hour of sleep. Or do I? Not sure. Don't really think so.

Honestly, I wish that they (and who are "they" anyway?) would just leave time alone. I think messing with our sleep is a really bad idea. I was so cranky last week that I actually cried twice at work on Friday. I was a mess. And though I don't know if it was my sleep that caused my bad mood, I think maybe it did. Really, do we need to adjust ourselves twice a year? I'm thinking that maybe our bad moods, depression, road rage, anger management issues would decrease if we just left things alone. I wonder if the folks in Arizona (with the exception of some Native American populations) and Hawaii, as well as a portion of Indiana, are actually better off - that is fewer instances of depression, etc... occur in their borders simply because they leave their sleep patterns alone. I was watching a show about sleep the other day and one of the main things I took away from it was that we use sleep time to build memory and learn. For Pete's sake, I need all the help in this arena.

I'm gonna go take a nap!




No comments: