Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Take That!!!!
I'm usually pretty tolerant - but I'm having a tough time this week. Why, for the love of all things wonderful, do certain people not celebrate Halloween? I think there are a few families who really enjoy throwing a crimp in things and blow things way out of proportion - forcing us "heathens" to come up with alternate ways to celebrate the autumn season. Namely the "Harvest Party Folks." No offense, I can see why Jews don't celebrate Christmas and I'm pretty cool with not forcing some small Jewish child to honor some guy who they pretty much believe hasn't made his appearance yet - the Messiah, not Jesus, they pretty much have to admit that J.C. was here at some point in time. But these HPF's are driving me nuts. What do they think is going to happen? Ritual sacrifice at the elementary school level? Teachers holding seances in the bathroom? Communing with the dead over a cheese zombie? Lighten up folks, most holidays are variation of pagan celebrations. But they still celebrate Christmas now, don't they. They seem unconcerned that the Savior was born in the spring and they're not picketing the "Winter" concerts or refusing to let up until the principal reschedules to "sometime in April." For cripes sake, just send your kid to school in their pajamas with a blankie, let them say they're dressed as a "baby" and let the rest of us get on with our lives. And don't try to say you're not at home enjoying the joy of the party pack of Skittles, 'cause we know you are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amen Sista!! We too had to go the Harvest party route last year for K class. He didn't even get to do anything this year. His teacher did disobey a tad and hand out little treat bags as they were leaving. Another thing that really bugs, no homemade treats for b-days and such. So sick of that! I can kinda see the point but if I can say it about that I can say it about everything and I refuse to do that!:)
Post a Comment