Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Exhaustion
Can anyone tell me why homework for S. is exhausting me? Seriously. We get a homework packet each week. About 5 pages long. And to top that off, S. was chosen as the VIP in her classroom for this week. So we had to fill out this huge poster, print some pictures of the family and think of things about her that are unique - and can be shared with a class of her peers. Add to that one "Harvest Celebration" on Friday, for which I whipped up a skirt (in skull fabric I might add) and made an orange and black "jughead" hat, still need to make 2 dozen sugar cookies, buy a bag of pretzels, and searched three different stores for the -nearly impossible to find- Halloween sprinkles to decorate said cookies. And the week is just over half over. I'm pooped. I'm sorry, maybe I'm a terrible mother, but could we suspend homework for the week of Halloween/"Harvest?" Please. I'm tired of editing writing. Correcting grammar errors. Critiquing handwriting. Explaining time to the nearest quarter hour. Worrying whether or not S. is thinking critically or developing proper Algebraic sense. I do this all ding-dong day with kids who are not mine. I need a break! This motherhood stuff can really wear you out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment