I have a kid in one of my groups. His mind is a thing of beauty. Seriously. The kid is smaaarrrt. He says things that will knock you into next week. Sometimes he's a little confused, but at least he gives it his all.
For instance.
"Teacher, I knew what you were going to write on the board before you wrote it, I think I must be a sidekick."
Or today.
In explaining that our story's word "fair" had a synonym - carnival.
"Oh, I know all about carnivals, they eat other animals for their meat!"
Uh - yeah. Don't worry, I ironed that one out - mostly for the benefit of the other kids. Didn't want them to arrive at a carnival expecting the worst.
At least it is a bright spot when I've read the same story 3 times in a row.
Bless the 1st graders of the world. If we'd let them they're restructure the entire operating system of the planet - and still have energy left over to tackle string theory, and then make croissants from scratch.
1 comment:
Love this!
Post a Comment