Two weeks ago, the set of twins in one of my 1st grade writing groups came to school wearing matching t-shirts that said, "I Love My Dad." Their dad is a fantastic artist, it is a gift he has passed down to all of his children. We have 4 of them at our school this year. They are the sweetest family in the world. Their mom is an organizational master-mind. Her children are always clean, well-mannered, and they arrive at school ready to learn, with quite a bit of the basics already having been taught. In short, a totally admirable little (big) family.
So, those t-shirts. They were adorable. Just a plain white t-shirt which their dad had drawn on. I was teasing those twins. I told them I liked their shirts very much, but I was disappointed that they weren't wearing a shirt that said, "I Love Ms. J." They immediately responded, "We could have our dad make them!" I told them that I was only teasing, and that they should not have their dad go to the trouble.
Last week, their mom stayed to eat breakfast with her kids and I stopped her and told her the story, re-iterating that I was only teasing and that her husband did not, and should not, make those t-shirts.
Today I was with the 1st grade in their classroom, we were making paper bats for our bat unit. The twins were behind me whispering. I turned and asked them what they were whispering about. They told me to close my eyes. They were both wearing sweatshirts, which they took off - to reveal matching shirts that read: "I Love Ms. J."
It made my day, my week, heck - my year!!! Their teacher snapped a photo of me and the boys - they wearing their t-shirts - and me wearing the world's cheesiest grin!
2 comments:
Awesome!!!!
Oh my goodness, I think I would've teared up! That is the sweetest thing ever!
Post a Comment