It has begun. 0 - 60 in 0 days flat. It is two days in and I'm pooped. I don't remember being this darned tired in the years previous.
S. is in soccer. It is an hour (several days a week) to sit on my hind end and not do anything. Not teach kids, not make dinner or lunches, not fold laundry. I should take a book, but mostly, I'm just tired, so I sit and stare at the soccer field and try not to think about anything.
It is fun to be back with the kids. They are faces I miss the entire summer. You cannot be cranky when you're with the kids. They just have a way of making things better. I am going to be a wreck in June, though. The first kids I ever taught in a small group are going to be leaving. I was thinking about that today as I remember their kindergarten faces. It will not be a pretty day, so I am going to enjoy them as much as I can all year. They make me laugh, we know each other pretty well by this point in their school careers. I will never stop wanting the best for them. Little stinkers. Totally rocked their lessons today and yesterday. And they knew it too! They sat around the table with smug little grins, like they were saying, "See, teacher, we didn't forget over the summer like you thought we would." It makes the burbles and burps of my job pretty much drain away.
S. is starting band tomorrow. She is going to play the drums - like her dad. I offered my clarinet, but the kid wants to whale away on a piece of wood. So, if anyone in the family wants to play the clarinet, please let me know. As long as she didn't play the flute, I'm A-ok with her choice. But I'm still investing in a good pair of earplugs!
I'm on the hunt for recipes that I can make ahead and then leave for C. to finish or re-heat. We eat waaay too many tacos during soccer season. He's been a champ, though. And if there is one thing my hubs can do, it is read and follow directions. So, I leave directions for how to re-heat or cook, and he just goes ahead and does it!
No comments:
Post a Comment