Penne
I am a huge fan of easy, 1-ish pot meals. I don't often make them because, well, apparently I like to do things the hard way. I found this recipe on the package of Johnsonville Italian 3-cheese sausage I bought on sale the other day, and thought I'd give it a go.(I'd like to say as an aside that, if you take nothing else camping, take Johnsonville sausages, because they will save your bacon when you forget to bring milk for the breakfast cereal and spoons for the cereal, and - the cereal.) Anyway, you just cook the pasta, grab a bottle of Alfredo sauce (although I made my own because it is too easy and tastes miles better than the jarred stuff), chop the veggies, saute the veggies and sausage together and then combine with the pasta and the sauce. Add some basil and parmesan cheese and you're done. Gotta love a recipe like that. Aside from the extra pan it took to make the Alfredo sauce, I do the whole thing in the one pot. Cook the noodles first and let them drain as you saute the veggies in the pasta pot. No biggie! It all works out pretty well.
Also, we're working on lots of stuff around here, so in order to motivate myself to post regularly, I'm making a list. Accountability, folks, accountability.
1. painting S.'s room.
2. painting S.'s closet doors with chalkboard paint
3. lining the paths between the raised garden beds with garden fabric and then spreading pea gravel.
4. hosting S.'s "Friend" B-day celebration
5. making cake pops for said celebration
6. painting trim work and doors
7. painting laundry room
8. making beach bucket favors for S.'s party
9. making birthday garland for S.'s party
Yeah, that's a lot of painting. Ugh. But I kind of like it because it always reminds me of spending time painting with my Gramps, so it isn't the worst thing.
I forgot to add, I always reserve about a cup of past water when I cook pasta. If Lydia says so, I do it!
|
3 comments:
Looks yummy! Anytime it only involoves one pot, I'm in. Thanks for sharing.
Love,
Mom
Why do you reserve one cup of water? And how do you make your alfredo sauce? Looks yummy and like it won't heat up the house to cook it. Perfect!
Lydia says to reserve one cup of the pasta water to add to whatever sauce if it is too thick, or gets gummy. I did not add it for this dish, but I often do with spaghetti sauce when I add in the pasta. It has starch from the noodles and makes the sauce easier to distribute over the pasta, too.
Post a Comment