Monday, April 23, 2012

I've got a nice kid

Today the weather was HOT. The weather service says that it is currently 82 degrees. But I know that it is something more like 125. No, not really, but when the first truly hot weather first arrives, everything feels like burning hot lava is enveloping your body. Like you just covered yourself in molten marshmallow. There is just no relief. Your sweat glands decide to re-activate, but not very well, so you're just clammy and not cool.


All this to say that when we got home today, S. hightailed it to her bedroom to find a tank top and shorts. I told her to get into the freezer and get the last ice pop to cool off. She realizes it is the last ice pop and she tries to give it to me. She didn't want it because she thought I should have it. I didn't want it because I wanted her to have it. She put the ice pop back in the freezer.


She then went into her room and got out her little green clip on fan. She brings it out to the living room, clips it onto the coffee table, and trains it on the empty spot on the couch. Then she says, "Mom". And she pats the empty space for me to sit down. Such a sweetie. I know for a fact I was never like that. I was not a nice kid. I guess I'm darned lucky she is turning out to be one, though.


We decided to split the last ice pop. It's what nice kids do.

No comments: