The other day I was in a kindergarten classroom, waiting to take a student out for testing. I didn't want to interrupt the teacher as she was having the kids problem solve between themselves. I watched as she directed one little boy to tell another student why he thought it was bad form to leave their book boxes on the reading beanbag when they were done. So this little boy (very smart and precocious) gets to his feet, faces the party in question, points his index finger at them as he shakes it up and down and admonishes, "So-and-so, you should never leave your book box on the beanbag because . . ." Here he pauses to gather his thoughts and take a deep breath. And from another corner of the carpet another little boy softly interjects, "...because you'll poke your butt."
There you have it. You should never leave your things in unexpected places because it might get you in the rear. I have to agree. I think this might be why my mom always was so big on having us kids clean up after ourselves. She just did not have the time nor the energy for posterior injuries.
No comments:
Post a Comment