Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

This weekend we went to visit my beautiful grandma. We had such a nice time. Saturday we drove to Sumpter to their flea market. I imagine you're thinking, "yuck, a flea market!" But it is really a fun place. Imagine a tiny mountain town with tons of cool old junk, some cheesy new junk, and lots of fried foods, all amidst the pine trees and cute little cabins. We try to go once a year. This year we made it twice. I was afraid Grams wouldn't want to go, but she was adamant about keeping up our tradition.

Grams and S., they just love one another.


S. and Grams discuss the flowers. They do this every summer when we go over to visit. It is awfully sweet to see them talking together.

We also drove up to Catherine Creek, which is a beautiful creek outside of Baker. It was so peaceful and relaxing, we took a picnic lunch. Grams just enjoyed sitting by the creek. She said the sound of the water was so relaxing to her.

We had lots of good food. And went out to ice cream. Grams just spoils us when we're there. The best part was sitting and talking in the living room at night. S. fell asleep on her dad's lap, and we adults just chatted. So nice to catch up and talk about things on our minds.

I have to admit, I cried like a baby when we drove away. I do hope that as Grams' life changes that she will decide to move closer to us. We miss her like crazy and would love to have her near to us. That way we could do these fun things more often. She's taken care of all of us, it is time for us to spoil her for a change!


No comments: