Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Excuse Moi?

So we are loser parents. We forgot to register S. for soccer earlier this summer. Luckily the parks and rec people were able to fit us in, whew!

Or so I thought.

I just got a call from S.'s new coach. And here's the kicker, they are practicing 4 times per week, for an hour and a half, and the practices are all the way across town. For those of you who know our small town(s) that's all the way over by K-Mart. And 8 of the 10 kids are from our area of town. Think of the gas. Think of the time commitment.

I feel bad. We were late registering. Beggers can't be choosers. I don't want to make a stink. But this is going to be a real rough start to the beginning of the school year. Especially since I've head S.'s new teacher is a real stickler for work. Would it be unreasonable to ask the coach to meet in the middle here?


No comments: