Monday, February 21, 2011

Being grateful

This is a hard thing for me. I'm kind of bummed about returning to work tomorrow. I'm determined to be grateful. In the spirit of Letterman's Top 10, here is what I've decided to feel good about.

1. I have a great job.

2. I have a job.

3. I have a healthy family.

4. I have everything I need, and a great deal of what I want.

5. My hubs is home.

6. My daughter is a joy.

7. My sister and her hubby just had a wonderful, lucky thing happen to them.

8. I got to talk to my sister, S. for more than an hour the other day - I always love getting a good chat with my sis.

9. I learned some new things at a training last week.

10. Peppermint tea.

It hit me tonight, as I was taking out the trash. I looked up at the beautiful night sky, and feeling glum, I heard my grandpa's voice in my head - it said, "You need to stop this moping. Remember what I always said, 'Once I felt bad because I had no shoes, and then I met a man who had no feet.' Gramps was always right. And no-matter what life threw at him, he was a surprisingly chipper fellow. He would want me to remember to count my blessings.

2 comments:

Curtis said...

Being grateful is hard sometimes but it a virtue I need to cultivate more. One can always find those who are much worse off than we are. Good reminder Tara. Thanks!!!!!!

Teachinfourth said...

Good job in making a list of things for which you're grateful...I should probably have one of those handy for 'not so good' days.