
I'm not the person to ask for a recipe, I'll tell you that. I often just throw things together. I never simply follow a recipe to a "T" - unless it is a baked good. Most of my best things (in my opinion) are dishes that I've thrown together at the last minute because I HATE going to the store. Most of the time I don't even measure things. Is that ok? I blame it on my mother and grandmother for giving me good examples in the kitchen, so I can feel confident that I know enough about cooking to just go for it!
So that's what I did today. I had some leftover Marion berries from my mom, some leftover blueberries from a party - and I decided to make a cobbler. The only measuring I did was to make a double recipe pie crust. I threw in about a half a cup of sugar, some cinnamon, lime juice (I wasn't running to the store for a lemon), and dotted the top of the berries with some butter before I flopped the crust on top. My idea was a more rustic kind of cobbler. I hope it tastes ok. We'll see.
1 comment:
Holy Hannah but that looks delicious! If I were seriously into baking, I'd make one…maybe I'll get my sister to do it for me instead.
Post a Comment