Today my baby turned nine! We had a nice party for her in the back yard. I sure appreciate everyone willing to turn up on a holiday and a Sunday at that. Thanks to Gma. for all the nice gifts. She loved each one. She told me she was looking forward to opening her gifts from Gma C. because Gma C. "really knows me, Mom. She knows what I like." So sweet. I think folks had a good time. The weather sure was weird, started out kind of overcast and balmy, then it heated up enough for the kiddos to have a dip in the pool. Tidal wave is more like it! I love the sounds of kids having fun. It makes me smile. Anyway, here are some photos of the big day...
Loving the water bottle from Grandma C. She begs me to buy them for her all the time.
I adore the face she's making in this photo. It shows she's still a little kid, even though she thinks she's getting so grown up!
Blowing out the candles. I hope she gets her wish. She and I made the centerpieces for the table. We bought fake flowers from the Dollar Store and put them in floral moss in little African Violet pots that I bought a long time ago at a garage sale. Easy peasy! Her cake was from the store (the first b-day cake I did not make for her.) It had horses and mountains.
No comments:
Post a Comment