Monday, March 22, 2010

Ready for a break

Is it wrong to be ready for spring break? I feel kind of spoiled. But then I don't. My body is tired. My head is tired. I want to just hang out with my daughter. Do the normal mom things I miss. We had such a good afternoon today. We went grocery shopping, came home, cleaned a bit. She watched an episode of her favorite cartoon. She didn't yell at me when I had her do her homework. She agreed to practice her multiplication on a cool website I found for her. She only mildly whined when I asked her to read for 20 minutes. We compromised on some handwriting practice. I made a loaf of banana bread before the bananas I had totally disintegrated. C. worked late so we got to eat soup and sandwich. Honestly, when C. works late, I relish the idea of soup and sand. We watched Survivorman while we ate. It was a really good afternoon. And that's what I'm looking forward to next week. That and maybe letting my immune system have a rest. It has been under fire since school began. All those little germy kids. Anyway, spring break - hurry please!

1 comment:

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

I don't even have a job and I am looking forward to our two day spring break.