So, as I was attempting a quick clean of S.'s room, and nearly suffocated on a dust bunny, hit my head on the underside of her bed (don't ask), and tried sneaking 3.5 metric tons of cheap plastic into the garbage can, all while trying to avoid her uncanny ability to discern the shapes of toys she never plays with through two thicknesses of force-flex - it hit me, her room is a complete and total pit!
This is a question I often have while laying prostrate on her bedroom floor, covered in My Little Pony Hair and choking back sobs of frustration.
How do I tell my mother-in-law to stop giving S. Happy Meal Toys? I know, I know - she's the grandma and all that crap, but the woman has literally added hundreds of these things to our municipal landfill unknowingly. And, aside from the sheer frustration of dealing with "No, mom I loooove that one, you can't throw it away!!!!" what in the name of all that is good and holy is a 60-some year old woman doing eating a Happy Meal anyway?
Any ideas? Or do I just keep my mouth shut and keep sneaking out of my own home, in the dead of night, to shove Happy Meal toys into the very bottom corner of the trash can?
Just wondering.
1 comment:
Sorry, wish I had some ideas for you. Alas, I always have to do the "sneak it out to the garbage when no one is looking" route. Kids are just a tad sick this way. If it makes you feel better I am dealing with it with not only a girl but two boys as well. Yah, I'm pretty sure we could fill an entire dumpster by ourselves.
Post a Comment