Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Cooking

I'm trying to teach myself to cook Korean food. It is C.'s new favorite. He now wants to visit not only Japan but Korea. He swears he was born in the wrong part of the world. I'm sure anyone in those two countries would stare in wonder at the tall caucasian guys wolfing down all their good food. Poor guy, he has to make do with me cobbling together strange meals. We visit H-Mart each time we go to the coast, and stock up on the seasonings and things we can't get here. You know, noodles made from sweet potato flour, shrimp paste, snacks made from cuttle fish. The norm. Tonight I made bulgogi pork. And, because I've wanted to try making it for a long time, BBQ pork. Not sure that they eat that in Korea, but C. didn't seem to mind!


Veggies - the zucchini are from the garden.

Pork bulgogi

BBQ pork - homemade

On the plate

Dinner!

1 comment:

Curtis said...

It looks fabulous! Do you ever see the Kimchi Chronicles on PBS? She makes it look easy. I just bought a jar of Kimchi and I am loving it but boy does it stink. No sacrifice too great for good food!