Monday, February 18, 2013

Catching Up

Went on a walk. Found this.
I love these kinds of things.
If surveying didn't involve so much math,
it could be a fun job.

My baby is nearly as tall as I am. 
Isn't she so cute?
Love this child, she is a true joy. 

She's pretty
easy-going and such a sweet soul. 

She has a
wonderful, quirky sense of humor, too. 

One of my co-workers gave this
little number to me on Valentine's Day.
I think she was trying to make me feel better
about her being in Hawaii. 

Um, nice try, Mrs. C.?


This boy finally bit the dust.
Meaning: the non-stick coating was
coming off. Yes, I took a photo.
He's been with us exactly as long as S. has.
It was a gift from my g-ma
who came to take care of me
post-delivery, and to make m requested
meal of fried chicken.
Such a sad day. We will miss you, Mr. Skillet.

My first decent attempt at frosting a
round cake. I froze the layers and then

did a "crumb coat" a la Cakeboss before
the final frosting. It works, folks.
It is red velvet with
cream cheese-buttercream frosting.
I made it for C.'s brother's b-day. I don't care 

for
red velvet cake, but the frosting is to die for.

I got new cookware. All of our old stuff was
losing its non-stick coating. 

Which scares the crap out of me. 
Aren't they just so shiny?
We
(C.) did some research and ended up with these. 
We wanted to steer away from non-stick this time.
There is a great deal to be said for shopping in
the same stores for years. The salesman gave us
10% off an already low sales price AND went and
hunted down the free soup pot that was a bonus gift
that we didn't see was included. 

Yay, Fred. You're the best!
They are pretty nice quality and were about
$20.00 less than the set we priced at
another store that weren't nearly as nice.
I love it when that happens.



The dogs cuddled up next to one another.
Max seems like he's got quite the good pillow there.
Daisy is such a good, even tempered dog
compared to Max. Poor girl. We bring home this
self-centered, food hogging, stubborn boy dog who
thinks he's the cheese.
Yet another reason girls are easier than boys.


Other than that:
S. is well. She was out of school the entire week.
The missed schoolwork wasn't too bad.
An old friend of mine passed away. Very, very sad.
S. used her own money to buy a sparkly, fancy dress.
C. can wash and rotate laundry, but not fold it, apparently.
But he gasses up my car every week, so I forgive him.
Downton Abbey is over 'til - who knows.
We just ate chicken wings with Frank's Hot Sauce.
C. had red roses delivered to me at school.
On Valentine's Day.
So I could show them off to the other ladies.
He wins bonus points.


No comments: