Monday, January 7, 2013

Shhhh!

Happy Birthday to my sister, S. 

She forbade her family from making a big deal of her birthday, but she knows me, and she knows I don't follow the rules.

Happy birthday to my side-kick, child-hood partner in crime, tree-house building, bridge over the creek building, bucket pooping (don't ask), thrift-store shopping, Cure loving, sneaking out of the house, nap avoiding, scary story telling, bunk-bed mail delivery, woodpile stacking, touch your toes to the walnut tree leaves while swinging on the tire swing - friend. That you're also my sister just makes it that much better. 

I love you. You have made life so much richer for me. And for so many other people. It is just who you are. 

I'm really sorry I made you walk behind me on the way to the school bus stop. 


Love-
Poppy

2 comments:

Curtis said...

This is so sweet. It brings back a clear picture of my two little girls. Love,
Mom

Walla Walla Soap Works said...

Awwww...thank you! <3
This made me laugh & cry!!! :)