. . . which pretty much covers anyone I am related to. (Mom, these are a worthy way to make a dent into your butter storage.)
These little cookies are wonderful. A nice change from a standard shortbread. I never buy mini chocolate chips, but for some reason I grabbed a bag today while shopping. I had originally intended to make some chocolate cookies with mini chocolate chips, but I am such a fan of buttery shortbread, that these sounded like something I should try. (Sorry, no photo, still living without a cell phone, and I'm waaaay too lazy to drag out the regular camera.)
Shortbread Mini-Chip Cookies
2 sticks butter (softened)
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/2 -3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Mix butter and confectioner's sugar together until incorporated. Add vanilla extract and mix well. Add the flour and mix until the dough combines. Stir in mini chocolate chips. Shape into small balls, place on cookie sheets, press down with a fork dipped in flour or confectioner's sugar. Bake from 12 - 17 minutes or until the cookies brown around the edges. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Tips: you might want to move up your oven rack to get these closer to the top of the oven to ensure that they brown. These take a long time to brown, but it will not hurt them to cook until they do so. I found that baking them on my dark cookie sheet helped them to brown faster.
1 comment:
I will make these.They look wonderful. Love you and love butter!
Post a Comment