Sunday, September 5, 2010

Things on my mind

Still working on feeling better about things. Grateful for today. It is cool and the air is a bit crisp. Windy. I love it. The prelude to autumn. Grateful to put aside heavy thoughts and just think some normal, superficial ones. Such as . . .

Why are S.'s new green Converse so stinking cute on her?

Where did the money Carson McCullers' had for her tuition to Juilliard really go?

Will the potato salad I made for our family picnic be cold enough by the time we need to leave?

Why does my husband look so darn adorable in his old, dusty Doc Marten's when he mows the lawn?

Can someone else fold the load of laundry that sits in front of me like a guilty conscience?

Did my grandparents high-tail it to Colorado? Why can't I reach them by phone? Should you worry about people who once diapered you? Aren't they old enough to go on a trip without telling you?

What are we going to do tomorrow?

Was that email I sent to my boss over the top?

Can I just take a nap?

Why aren't Charles Frazier's books considered "Southern Gothic" fiction?

Do I spend too much time on Wikipedia?

Should I have wasted an hour last night on this site?

Is it "fall enough" to make a batch of gingersnaps? Should we eat the stale Oreos before I make a batch of cookies? Aren't homemade cookies better anyway?

Should I put some make-up on, or should I scare C.'s family by going to the picnic "as-is"?





1 comment:

Teachinfourth said...

I went to the chiropractor yesterday and they'd made gingersnaps. I think the time is TOTALLY right for them…this is my favorite season of all.