Sunday, June 7, 2009

A few pretty things

I have not lost my marbles, I keep 'em in a jar in my living room. You all know I'm a little wacky. I just like these kind of things in my house. They're kind of unexpected.



And I really love little bowls. I can't help myself. I see them and I have to have them. See those wee little ones in the middle? My dear friend and co-worker brought them back from Houston for me. You should see the bracelet she brought me from Brazil. She is such a sweetie.


And do I have to say anything about carnations? The wonder flower. I'm not kidding. These things are power houses. I bought a bunch 3 weeks ago and they're still around. Some bit the dust but you can glean the bunch and find the survivors and "repurpose" them into little vases. And look, a wee little white pitcher! That belongs to C. - he's caught the "tiny little dishes" bug from me. Ah, I can just picture us in our old age - scouring the globe for diminutive kitchenware. I guess it will be a good hobby. Just nod and say, "yes."

No comments: