Stuffed Peppers
These were so good! I finally followed an actual recipe and they turned out much better than my previous attempts. Of course I couldn't help but "tamper" a bit, and since I was out of oregano that the recipe called for, I substituted a packet of Italian Dressing mix. The recipe is straight out of the old "Red and White" cookbook. An oldie, but a goodie. Providing, of course, that you like green peppers. I took an informal poll at work today and, it seems, that the people who liked green peppers didn't like red or orange peppers, and vice versa. I would have to agree with the results. I love green peppers, but don't care for orange or red peppers. It is not scientific. Kind of like my theory that people who are afraid of spiders don't mind snakes, and people who hate snakes aren't bothered by spiders. . . what can I say, my old brain is a catchall for useless information and theories that don't hold water. At any rate, it is a great recipe if you happen upon a sale on peppers of any color like I did this weekend. You can find the recipe in the BHG Red and White cookbook, their website has, once again, failed me.
No comments:
Post a Comment