Friday, July 8, 2011

Got your back!

Oh my goodness. I hate to post about ailments on this blog, but I have had a doozy of a backache for the last week. So bad, in fact, that I had two visits to the chiropractor. Yikes! I spent a majority of today sitting straight up in a chair alternating heat and cold packs, when it got too cold or too hot, I did laundry. And when laundry got boring, I worked on work that I can do from home. I'm glad I have a few work related things to "keep my hand in" over the summer, it isn't such a shock when I go back to work after the break. I think the back is getting better, or maybe it was the sitting on my fanny all day long that made me feel so relaxed. Who knows.

Anyway, it has been a week of me being very grumpy and not a lot of fun. S. has been an angel, really. Not whining about having friends over, keeping her room clean, giving me lots of kisses and encouraging smiles. She's the best! She is so concerned when I don't feel well. Or when I get sad and cry, she always gives me hugs and kisses, even though I am so uncool, and she is at that age when kissing your mom is not on the list of things that you should be doing. She loves me even though I made her listen to an 80's song by the Outfield that came on the radio while we were in the car. She said, "I want to bang my head against the window when I hear songs like this." What? Come on, isn't 80's music cool right now? I mean every single week when I turn on the TV and quickly change the channel to avoid Glee, they're always in the middle of some glitzy rendition of some 80's hair band.

Nothing much to report on any other front. We're just enjoying that today was pretty temperate and not 96 degrees. And we had pork chops for dinner. See? Nothing exciting here.




No comments: