Saturday, January 31, 2009

Recap

It has been another week of wildness. I was sick last week. Took a day off (hehe, they canceled school anyway, do I know how to pick 'em or what?) I spent the entire day on the couch. Popped in my favorite Vicar of Dibley DVD and slept for 5 hours. I've never done that. Usually if I'm sick, I still try to putter about, albeit slowly, and do laundry or something. Not this time. 

Anyway, I felt at a deficit all week. Run-down. It was really icy after it snowed here and I decided to take the bus a couple of days this week. That meant I had to get up earlier and I was just pooped. Is that weenie of me? Trainings at work. Kids just bouncing off the walls. Some really sad news at work for a co-worker. People depending on me to do their tech stuff. And everyone had something go wrong. Proctoring tests. Losing a server connection with a testing company. A small mental breakdown or two. I was just done-in. 

The nice news is that it is sunny and my mom will be here later today! I haven't seen her in months so that will be really nice. It is so nice to see the sun after our 2 month-long inversion. It feels "springy". S. has a soccer game at my school. Yesterday we had an assembly with a group of kids in a marimba band. It was amazing. I almost cried. Got my website updated for work. The house is fairly clean. Sitting here with S. for our usual Saturday morning chat. Hopefully it will be a good day.

For total randomness - I want to buy a hyacinth today! Hey, I'm ready for spring and that is one of the first thoughts I have when I get like this. They smell so amazing! Like spring in a little pot. 




1 comment:

Jeff and Alyssa Hertzler said...

Sounds like you've got what everbody else does. It's sunny here today, the first time in forever and I made my kids go outside (despite that it's still freezing) and run around and ride scooters. They need it and I need it!:) Hope you have a better week and have fun seeing Mom. I think it's been abouta year and a half for us so I know the feeling!:)Kiss S. for us.